Lutheran Disability Services place the health and wellbeing of our clients, their families and our staff as our number one priority, we continue to closely monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation.
LDS has implemented the LDS Pandemic Response Plan in line with the advice from the World Health Organisation (WHO), the Australian Government and the South Australian Government.
As at 18 August 2020, the following measures continue to be implemented:
- Cessation of attendances to defined public activities where there is not enough space for 1 person per 2 square metre.
- Requesting people do not visit homes if they feel unwell or are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test and encouraging self-isolation.
- Requesting people do not visit homes if they have travelled overseas or been around people who have travelled overseas in the last 14 days.
- Encouragement of social distancing and continued education and reinforcement to support clients, families and staff members to not handshake, hug or to have close physical contact.
- Continued reduced use of public transport.
- Ensuring that gatherings at private residences may not have more than 10 guests, to a maximum of 20 people per gathering.
In line with the reducing restrictions the following activity has now recommenced at LDS:
- Public access to LDS Main office is available, subject to density requirements (1 person per 2 square metres).
- Most staff have return to work at the office.
- Face to face new client intake recommenced observing social distancing.
- Reintroduction of most community participation activities.
Lutheran Disability Services will continue to support clients in the safest way possible, to ensure their health and wellbeing and will continue to follow the protocols of the Department of Health.
For up to date information on the Coronavirus:
The National Coronavirus Hotline (Operates 24/7) 1800 020 080
The Australian Government Department of Health website
National Disability Insurance Scheme information, advice and updated FAQs website
SA Health COVID-19 Updates
For updates from the Lutheran Church of Australia website
We continue to monitor Government restrictions and responsibilities and will update this page with new information as it becomes available to ensure that all LDS families and friends are receiving the latest updates and information about what we are doing during this period. To ensure you receive the latest information please provide your details on this link - https://www.ldssa.org.au/contact-us/