LDS safety measures
26 July 2021
Dear families, friends and advocates
Lockdown will end at 12:01am on Wednesday with new restrictions in place from then. This includes:
- 1 person per 4 sqm density
- Seated food and beverages consumption outdoor and indoor
- Household gatherings limited to 10 people, including regular occupants;
- Private activities limited to 10 people;
- Restrictions on shisha, dancing and singing continues;
- Weddings and funerals can have up to 50 people (if the venue is big enough).
- Masks will be required in:
- high risk settings
- personal care services
- passenger transport services
- health care services
More information on restrictions will be provided tomorrow on gyms, sporting events, training and larger public activities.
There will be additional restrictions on wearing masks when out in the community and while at work. More information to come tomorrow.
To support our clients we are taking the following actions:
All LDS staff are Essential workers:
- Support workers are deemed essential workers.
- Head Office (Payneham) and EBC offices will remain closed for another 7 days but phones remain open to support our clients and families
- Subject to Government guidelines and other services policies, LDS will support clients to attend activities
- LDS will continue to reduce visits to high-risk locations with high people traffic, such as shopping centres and events.
- Food shopping will continue
- Temperature testing for all LDS managed SIL houses is now mandatory. Staff that are feeling unwell are asked stay away, get tested, self isolate
- All staff are required to wear a mask when with clients, unless the client needs to see facial expressions when communicating. LDS will continue to follow all Government guidelines and rules on mask wearing for both clients and staff.
- Increased frequency of cleaning, social distancing and hand sanitation is being reinforced
If you can help to answer your questions in any way please feel free to contact your CSM or myself.
Contact: Michael Kromwyk, Senior Service Development Manager firstname.lastname@example.org